I am so curious about the innocent Gitmo detainees, who are supposed to be set free with an eagle eye by the American government. Gitmo, a leased property of Cuban government, rent amounting to an equivalent figure of $4085 per year, was leased in 1903 for a value of $2000 in gold per year. The Naval Base of American, the Gitmo, jumped on the bandwagon during the invasion to Iraq and Afghanistan by the American troops. Before that we all were ignorant about the base. Even though these incursions are extraneously irrelevant to Maldives we are now suppose to remedy the defect.
American war was against terrorism; however it has captured and detained many innocent individuals in Iraq and Afghanistan. Taliban and other Al-Qaeda terrorists have made United States as to invade those Muslim states. And I blame the barbaric al-Qaeda and its allies as anti-Muslim pagans who have made us, the real Muslims, to live in a calamity. Islam never preaches cruelty, and suicide bombers, surely Quran and Sunnah is against it. Islam never preaches to attack on the civilians, never preach to harvest opium, and never ask to break the moral code of Islam.
Last week, all the Maldivians were surprised of the sheltering the terrorism-accused, innocent detainees. The Deputy Chairperson of the Nation Security Committee of the Parliament and the Deputy leader of the opposition lodged a case against the decision of the government. The Reprimand was placed against the government, where the committee should be the most important committee of this state.
However, the press secretary refused the allegation, but later the Attorney General made his statement confirming the discussions between the States and Maldives. MATATO, the Maldives travel agency’s association has condemned the decision of the government where our country is depending of the tourism sector. Human Rights Commission of the Maldives has also condemned the decision of the government stating that they shall be sheltered in their own land. Former Attorney General Dr. Hassan Saeed’s Qaumee Party has met the American Ambassador in Colombo, Sri Lanka, last week. They are also preparing to file a case against the government on the issue.
Representatives of the parties and the independent candidates have met the American Ambassador today in Holiday Inn.
Also I would like to notice that the Foreign Minister, Dr.Ahmed Shaheed and Deputy Minister Ahmed Naseem has declined to appear at the National Security Committee of the Parliament today. All the action of the government shows that they are so curious to house those detainees in Maldives.
The lawmakers and the Lawyers have questioned on the visa of those detainees. However, during in a press conference, president declared that he will do that, and he should not be questioned on the matter anymore.
The decision of the NSC of the parliament would be the final verdict, but MDP government has a history of breaking the notion of Rule of Law in recent days.
- MDP urges the President to resign
- Maldives Pole leads Nasheed with his 18 months of campaign
- Maldivians to decide the future of the democratic Muslim Society
- Former President Nasheed made serious allegations against Chief Justice
- Nasheed’s Closest Man arrested for having sex with an underage girl
- MDP chairperson vowed to smash opposition leader in to pieces
- Terrorist Nasheed wants a helping hand from INDIA for his campaign on the upcoming Presidential Election of Maldives
- Is Parliamentarians of Nasheed’s Party joining Indian Congress Party?
- RT @HasanHilmy: One of them will take office on 11th November 2013. #MvElection2013 fb.me/6sjVj8dMa 5 years ago
- @Velezinee your candidate too! Difficulty in comprehension. @MaldivianLawyer 5 years ago
- @Luhushan kaaku felhee annitha? gahaa saeedh tha? 6 years ago
- RT @riyazabdulla: "We will NOT be emotional" Deputy Police Commissioner haveeru.com.mv/news/44165 6 years ago
- RT @sshinau: Gahaa Saeed has breached CW conditions. Regardless of his intention he has to face the consequence. #ImpartialCoNI 6 years ago
- RT @shaaanyz: @HudhuKotharu film starun bodunnah thibenyaa vaane ehen 6 years ago
- September 2013 (3)
- March 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (4)
- November 2012 (5)
- October 2012 (4)
- September 2012 (7)
- December 2011 (1)
- October 2011 (4)
- September 2011 (5)
- August 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (7)
- January 2011 (2)
- December 2010 (2)
- November 2010 (3)
- October 2010 (9)
- September 2010 (6)
- June 2010 (1)
- May 2010 (5)
- April 2010 (1)
- March 2010 (8)